Receiving Emails from Blocked Email Addresses in Yahoo
Do you see emails from blocked email addresses in your Yahoo! Mail account? This happens if the sender alters the ‘From:’ address and you have blocked the wrong email address by mistake. So, you can resolve the issue with the following steps:
Section 1: View Email’s full header
An email’s full header includes information about the true sender and how it was routed and delivered to your inbox. So, with the full header, you can check if the sender’s email address is blocked.
- Open the email whose sender you want to block.
- Click ‘More.’ You can find the option in the toolbar above the mail and at the end of the mail.
- Now from the drop-down, select ‘View Raw Message.’
- A new page will open on the same or new tab. You will see a lot of coding.
- At the beginning of the raw message is the full header. You will find the true address in front of ‘Return-path:’ or ‘From:’
- Make sure you have blocked the same address as in the ‘Return-path’ or ‘From:’ field. See if it matches with the ‘From:’ address you see in the email message. This is the true sender’s email address.
Section 2: Block the Email Address
Now that you have spotted the true email address of the spam email, block it using the following steps:
- Move your mouse over the ‘Settings’ icon at the top right corner of the mailbox. Select ‘Settings’ from the drop-down.
- Click on the ‘Blocked Addresses’ option on the left side.
- Enter the true email address you have just figured in the above section in the ‘Add an address’ field.
- Click the ‘Block’ button.
- Click ‘Save’ to apply changes.
You can block up to 1000 email addresses anonymously in Yahoo! Mail.
Section 3: Set Filters
Move unwanted emails directly to ‘Trash’ with Yahoo! Mail filters. You can create up to 1000 filters.
|Please Note: A new filter will only apply to future emails you receive.|
- Go to the ‘Settings’ icon on the top right corner.
- Select the ‘Settings’ option from the drop-down.
- Click ‘Filters’ option from the left side panel.
- Click ‘Add’ on the right-side panel. Enter a filter name.
- Add the filter criteria correctly.
- Select a folder where you want to move the email.
- Click ‘Save.’
- Click ‘Save’ again.
Follow the steps in the first section and then anyone from section two and three. You will not receive emails from blocked email addresses any more. If the issue still continues, contact Yahoo technical support team.