BellSouth Email Not Working; [Fixed]
If BellSouth Email is not working for you, there can different reasons responsible for it. As there is no “all-in-one” solution that can help you overcome the problem, you will need to follow the series of workarounds provided below. However, before following the below-mentioned workarounds, it is to be noted that the solutions suggested below are according to AT&T Mail. This is because BellSouth is now managed by AT&T Inc. and thus, BellSouth email is now a part of AT&T Mail.
Ways to Fix BellSouth Email Not Working with 6 Solutions
Things to Consider
- Make sure that your device is running with the latest updates.
- Next, Make sure that your device is connected with a strong internet connection.
- Consider running a scan on your system to ensure that it is not infected with any malware or virus.
- Check your web browser for any pending updates, faulty extensions, cache, and cookies, etc.
- There should be enough space available on your device.
- In case using an Email application to access BellSouth email, make sure it is up-to-date.
- Use supported and updated web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Apple Safari.
1. Check BellSouth Email Server
The first thing you will need to check is the BellSouth email server status. This is important because if an issue is at the BellSouth Email’s end, following the below-mentioned workarounds is of no use and you will need to wait for the things to get normal from BellSouth Email’s side. This implies that maybe you don’t even have to consider the rest of the workarounds, provided the email service begins functioning as normal after the problem gets resolved by BellSouth Email.
2. Disable Security Programs Temporary
Sometimes there is a possibility that your antivirus program or Windows Firewall could be blocking or interfering with the connection when sending or receiving emails. In such a case, it is suggested to temporarily disable your security programs (one at a time) to see if the problem is resolved by following this process. If the problem gets resolved, you can try creating an exception for BellSouth Email in your security program which could be preventing the BellSouth email functionality.
3. Remove Browser Enhancements
Enhancements or extensions like add-ons or plugins installed on your web browser can also lead to issues with your BellSouth Email. Therefore, it is important to check if this could be the potential reason. To make sure of that, you can try loading BellSouth Email in the private browsing tab (for example, Google Chrome’s Incognito Mode). When you open a website in a private window, it prevents extensions installed on the browser from loading. This way you can know if browser add-ons or plugins are causing issues with your BellSouth Email.
In case you can access your BellSouth Email in private mode without any problem, it means that one of the browser extensions could be responsible for the problem. You will now need to disable each extension (one at a time) and sign into your BellSouth email account to find the one causing trouble. When identified, simply remove it from your browser and restart it.
Also Read: Comcast Email Not Working on Android [Fixed]
4. Retrieve BellSouth User ID and Password
If you are unable to sign into your BellSouth Email account on a web browser even when you are entering the correct login credentials, someone might have hacked your account and changed the password. In this case, you can regain control of your email account by resetting the password.
- Go to the sign-in page of BellSouth on your computer browser – https://www.att.com/my/#/login.
- On the sign-in page, click or tap on the Forgot password? option.
- On the next page, enter your User ID and Last name in the provided fields and press the Continue button.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to receive a code on your registered email address or phone number.
- So, press the Continue button, retrieve the verification from your email address or phone number and enter it in the provided field on the next screen. Then, press the Continue button.
- After that, follow the on-screen prompts to reset your password and use it to sign into your BellSouth email account.
5. Check BellSouth Email Server Settings
If you have configured your BellSouth Email account on an email program like Microsoft Outlook, make sure you use the correct server settings for the setup process. You can refer to the following BellSouth Email setting and make the changes accordingly if required.
|Outbound Port||465 or 587||465|
6. Check Storage Space
Every BellSouth Email comes with a certain storage space limit. In case, you have exhausted this storage space limit, you may face issues with your email account. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to make sure that there is ample storage space in your BellSouth Email account to accommodate new emails and files. Otherwise, consider removing unwanted emails and files from your BellSouth Email account to create storage space.