How to Fix “Windows Live Mail An Unknown Error Has Occurred”?
Like any other program or application, Windows Live Mail is also prone to issues and error, Themost common error users experience in Windows Live Mail is the “an unknown error has occurred” followed by an error code. While the error can be caused due to different reasons, most of the users experience it when trying to delete or move their email conversations. If you are also seeing this error due to this reason, you can follow the workarounds provided below.
Ways to Fix Windows Live Mail “An Unknown Error Has Occurred”
Below are the four different workarounds that can help you overcome the “an unknown error has occurred” in your Windows Live Mail program.
Unlock the Stubborn Emails by Feigning Forwarding Multiple Emails
Though you can drag unwanted email messages to the Deleted Items folder one by one, it can be quite annoying if you wish to move/delete an entire conversation/folder or multiple conversations. If you will Feign forwarding multiple emails, it will unlock the stubborn emails and let you move or delete them easily. You can try to simulate forwarding multiple emails by following these steps:
- Select the emails by first clicking on any email and then using the SHIFT key to click and select more emails. If you find the Forward button turning grey on selecting a message, it means that a particular message is the stubborn one which is tough to be forwarded.
- Now, you will need to hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click the emails up and down until you find the faulty one.
- Next, you will need to click on the Forward As you will click on it, you will get another error message that reads “One or more messages could not be attached. Select OK to continue creating the note.” Here, you will need to click on the Cancel option.
- Following these steps will somehow unblock those emails and with the selection on, you will be able to delete them by clicking on the Red X (delete)
- Also, the emails that turned the Forward button grey, can now be removed easily.
- You will need to follow the same process until you get rid of the message you wanted to delete when you saw the annoying error.
Remove One Email at a Time
- Right-click on the email and then on the Open option. You will see the same error message on your screen.
- Now again right-click on the email and click on the delete option. This time, you should be able to remove the message successfully.
Move the Email to One Folder to Delete Them
- Start by creating a folder. Give a suitable name to the folder, like “unwanted messages”.
- Next, you will need to move the messages to the folder one at a time.
- Once you have mode the desired messages to the folder, you can then delete the folder.
Remove the Emails using Web Browser
As Windows Live Mail is known for using synchronization to retrieve your messages, any email you delete on the web, the same will also get removed from your application. Similarly, removing a message using the Windows Live Mail will also delete it on the web. So, if you are unable to remove an email using the Windows Live Mail app, you can use the web version to remove it. Below are the steps that you will need to follow.
- Sign in to your MSN homepage and click on the Outlook mail You will find all the messages here as well.
- Once you are logged in to your account, simply remove the emails that are causing an issue and then delete them from the Delete box too.
- Then, log out of your MSN account and check your account in the mail application.
- All the messages will be removed from the app as well.
So, these are the workarounds that you can follow to fix the Windows Live Mail “an unknown error has occurred”. For any further support you can contact Windows live mail customer service number to get fix your email problem.