Unable to Send or Receive Emails in Hotmail Account
When you find that your Hotmail account is not able to send or receive emails in it, despite a decent internet connection; you need to check the other settings too. This is a common issue with a Hotmail user try to configure the account on some third-party email client application.
When you are configuring your Hotmail account on your email client application; there are certain settings that need to enter carefully. The incoming email settings are responsible for receiving emails in your Yahoo mail account. Along with with this the outgoing settings helps to send emails.
If any of these settings are incorrect, you will find yourself in a situation where you are unable to send or receive emails using your Hotmail account. The solution is here to review the settings and correct the server settings.
Now, you might be thinking that how you can get the correct settings; well, here your concern has been taken care of properly. You just need to follow the settings carefully while entering.
The correct IMAP Settings for Hotmail Account
• Your Name – The display name you would like others to see
• E-mail Address – Your complete main address of the Microsoft Account in full
• Account Type – IMAP
• Incoming mail server – imap-mail.outlook.com
• Outgoing mail server – smtp-mail.outlook.com
• User Name – Your complete main address of the Microsoft Account
• Password – Your Microsoft Account password or an App Password when you have Two-Step Authentication enabled for your Microsoft Account
• Remember password – Optional
• Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) – Disabled
• My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication – Enabled
• Use same settings as my incoming mail server- Enabled
• Incoming server (IMAP) – 993
• Use the following type of encrypted connection – SSL
• Outgoing server (SMTP) – 587
• Use the following type of encrypted connection – TLS
Once you are done with the review and re-configuring the settings part; you can be able to get emails in your Hotmail account. Here, you can test it by sending some sample emails to your own account and other friends too. This will give you the confirmation of the correct settings.
If you are in trouble with your Hotmail account then don’t worry, just call Hotmail customer support experts to get instant solutions to your problems.