Unable To Access Emails Due To Unknown Reasons In Outlook
Are you unable to access emails in your Outlook Account? This means you must not be able to send or receive email messages from your Outlook account. Here are the possible causes of this issue with their solutions:
Outlook doesn’t have connection to Internet
Make sure the computer is connected to the Internet. Use your web browser and check if you can access any website.
Check if Outlook is online. Go to Outlook ‘File’ menu and make sure ‘Work offline’ option is not checked.
SMTP Authentication Issue
Some POP and IMAP e-mail accounts require SMTP (outgoing mail server) authentication. Turn on SMTP authentication for your account.
- Go to ‘Tools’ menu in your Outlook account.
- Select ‘Accounts’ or ‘Account Settings’ option from the drop down.
- Select your account. Under ‘Outgoing server’ click ‘More options.’
- An Authentication pop-up menu will appear, select authentication type and type-in your password.
If your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or network has a firewall, it will block connection to the SMTP server. This will cause an issue in accessing emails.
Ask your ISP or network administrator to provide an alternate SMTP server if possible. This will allow you to use your POP or IMAP account through the alternate server.
In case you have the address of an SMTP server, add it to your account settings following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to ‘Tools’ menu and click on ‘Accounts.’
- Select your account and in the Outgoing server box; type the alternate server’s address.
Incorrect Account Settings
Verify that your account settings are correct. Do this:
- Go to ‘Tools’ menu and click on Accounts from the drop-down.
- Click on your account and check if the e-mail address, username and password entered are correct.
If your account doesn’t work properly, check the configuration steps provided by your email service provider. Your account might require Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to work properly.
Proxy Server Requirement
In case you are using the Internet over a network connection, you might need to specify a mail proxy server. Ask your network administrator for mail proxy server. You can easily browse the steps to enter these settings in your computer’s System Preferences.
E-mail Server is Unavailable
Contact your email service provider or network administrator to check if the mail server is online.
You can share your issue with our Outlook support service helpline toll free. We will work on your problem to offer quick solutions. The toll-free number and live chat option can also be used to get in touch.