How To Fix Sync Errors With The Gmail Android App
Gmail email client app is a well-known application used by millions of individuals for their personal as well as business purposes. It is a great built-in application for email lovers who rely on emails for their day-to-day work. The Gmail Android app helps users in syncing and receiving new emails without any delay.
But sometimes users are facing issues in receiving and sending their emails due to sync errors in their Gmail android app which may hamper their work. In order to resolve this issue, you can go through a number of steps and fix the errors linked to your Gmail Android app instantly.
In case Gmail isn’t syncing automatically, you might face the following troubles:
- Unable to send mail, or mail is stuck while sending.
- Getting ‘Account not synced’ error.
- Not loading or receiving a new mail.
- Can’t open or read them in your mailbox.
- Gmail inbox not updating.
- Not getting notifications for new messages in your mailbox.
- The app is too slow.
Troubleshoot sync errors with the Gmail Android app
- If you’re having notifications concerns, then you need to check your Gmail app notifications settings properly.
- Then, you need to check that you’re linked to the proper internet connection.
- It may happen that your internet connection doesn’t work. So to check that you’re connected, you need to visit a website in your mobile web browser.
- And check sync settings on the Gmail app.
- Depending on your sync settings of an account, the Gmail app might not be verifying for new mail.
- Then, open the Gmail application.
- Now hit on the menu option.
- Now, click Settings.
- In case you have more than one account, select the account you’re not receiving an email for.
- You need to make sure that you sync Gmail is checked.
- Check your sync settings on the mobile device.
- On many phones and tablets, you can turn off sync for every app at once.
For getting more information and tips to resolve the syncing issues of your Gmail app, then you can simply get connected to a third-party tech service providing company and get help from expert technicians to fix this issue immediately.