Skype Video Not Working. How to Fix it?
Are you facing trouble with your calls on Skype? It could be because of your internet connection or mismatching system requirements. When you have a poor internet connection, this may result in dropped calls, frequently hanging, or poor-quality audio and video call. When there would be an issue, you will see the Call Quality Indicator. Apart from considering these suggestions, you can follow the below-mentioned tips.
Step to Fix Problem with Skype Video Calls
Here are some of the best tips & tricks to fix the Skype video call issue.
1.) Check the Skype Status Page
The first thing you need to check when you are having a problem with Skype video calls is the status of Skype. Due to server maintenance, sometimes there could be a halt in the functioning of Skype. Though rare, it is a factor to watch out when having trouble with your Skype services. You can check this by going to the Skype status page. On this page, you will need to make sure that there is a “Green Right Tick” next to each service offered by Skype. If you don’t find the “Green Right Tick” next to any service, you may face a certain issue with your Skype account.
For example, if you don’t find the “Green Right Tick” next to “Skype-to-Skype calling”, this could be the reason that you might be facing a problem with your Skype video calls. In such a case, you will need to wait until the sign next to the service doesn’t change to “Green Right Tick”.
2.) Make Sure that Your System Matches the Minimum System Requirements to run Skype Application
The Skype application works best when your system matches its minimum system requirements. If you are running Skype on an incompatible configured system, you may face a different issue with the function of Skype including poor Skype video call quality. So, make sure to run your Skype application on a system that at least matches the minimum system requirements of Skype.
3.) Make Sure your Skype Application is up to Date
An outdated Skype application can also cause trouble with Skype video calls. So, you need to make sure that your Skype has the latest updates installed to get the performance out of it. You can check the updates for your Skype application by following these steps:
- Click on the Menu icon (three horizontal dots) located on the top-right corner of the right-hand side panel. A drop-down menu will appear on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to select the Settings This will open a Settings window on your screen.
- In the Settings window, you will need to select the “Help & Feedback” option.
- Under the “Help & Feedback” option, you will see the Update option on the right-hand side section. Click on the Update option and follow the on-screen prompts (if any) to install the updates for your Skype application.
- This way you will be able to let you Skype perform at its best.
4.) Check your Internet Connection and Computer
A poor connection can result in dropped calls, hanging or frozen video, and inadequate sound. I=When you have a bad connection, you may see a notification notifying – Poor network connection. Other things that might affect your call quality are:
- Make sure that you have a strong WiFi signal, or better, use a wired connection.
- If you find your internet connection to be degrading during the call, Skype may disable one or more video streams when conducting group calls. Once the internet speed will recover, Skype will turn the video back automatically.
- Also, close applications that might be interfering with your call. Streaming audio or video, running a file-sharing applications, or even just browsing online can consume the bandwidth substantially.
- If you are using Skype on your laptop and you are running your laptop in power-saving mode, it is suggested to plug the laptop into AC power or switch to maximum performance mode.
- Check your Microphone, Camera, Speaker or Headphones and make sure they are compatible and connected properly to your system.
Following these suggestions should help you fix the issue with your video call on Skype. For any further assistance speak with Skype customer support experts.