How To Stop Skype From Starting Automatically
Skype comes loaded with numerous features that allow users to make the most of this application. One of these features that users generally don’t notice but it’s really helpful is the automatic loading of Skype each time a user starts his/her computers.
Having this feature enabled lets users to get instant alerts for all the messages that a user has received in his/her account. While it is a useful feature for Skype users, however, not everyone finds it beneficial. If you are also among the users who didn’t like automatic launching of Skype when booting computer, maybe because you receive a lot of messages back to back, or your system boots slowly due to loading of Skype; whatever be the reason, if you wish to stop Skype from starting automatically when turning on your computer, you can follow the steps provided below:
Steps to Stop Skype from Starting Automatically
There are two ways that you can use to stop Skype from starting automatically:
- Using the Startup option of your Windows computer
- Using the in-built option of the Skype application
Below, we have provided step-by-step instructions for both methods to help you prevent Skype from loading automatically.
Using the Startup Option of Windows Computer
- Open your Windows computer, press Windows key on your keyboard along with R key. This will open the Run command box on your screen in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- In the Run command box, you will need to type the following path:
- After entering the suggested path, click on the OK button or press Enter key on your keyboard. You will be directed to the StartUp window of your computer where you will find the list of programs that automatically loads each time you start your computer.
- In the StartUp window, all you need to do is located the Skype program, right-click on it and click on the Delete option.
- Once you will click on the Delete option, the Skype program will be removed from the list of StartUp Now, when you will boot your computer, Skype will not load automatically.
Using the In-Built Option of the Skype Application
- On your computer, open the Skype program and click on the Menu bar icon located on the left-hand-side panel in the top-right corner. This will open a drop-down menu on the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to click on the Settings As you will click on this option, a Settings window will pop-up on your screen.
- In the Settings window, you will need to click on the General option located on the left-hand side panel.
- Under the General section, all you need to do is click on the slider button next to the Automatically start Skype
- After that, close the Settings window and restart your computer to check whether Skype has stopped loading automatically on booting the computer.
And, this is how you can easily prevent your Skype application from loading automatically.