How to Fix Skype Microphone Not Working Issue
Skype has become one of the most reliable sources of online communication used by millions of people across the globe. With its simple functioning tool, it works as a constant saviour to reduce all distance barriers. Not Just video call, Skype also enables us to make mobile and landline calls at a very affordable fee.
But what if you find the microphone inserted your laptop or PC stop working on Skype! You would be very annoyed. But you don’t need to worry, as here we are providing step-by-step instructions to fix Skype microphone not working issue on Windows and troubleshoot it through this guide. Read on to find out how.
Reasons for Skype Won’t Recognize Microphone-
If you cannot hear audio during Skype calls or having issues with the audio for your headset, then this post is for you. The microphone not working on Skype will be held due to several different reasons including incorrect settings, broken drivers or some hardware issues.
Proven Ways to Fix Up ‘Skype Microphone Not Working’ Issue
Solution 1: Make Sure Microphone is ON (For Windows 10 Users)
If you are using Skype on Windows 10, firstly open the Privacy settings in your PC and check if the Microphone is set to On. Follow these comprehensive steps to fix the issue-
- To begin with Press Window logo Key + I at the same time on your keyboard, and click on the Privacy icon by exploring Settings.
- In the next step, click on the Microphone button presented under the Camera, and check if the status is On for Skype.
Note: If you find the setting is in OFF mode, click it to switch to On.
- Launch your Skype application and check to see the Microphone working status.
Solution 2: Fix your Broken or Outdated Sound Card Driver
Your Skype Microphone won’t be able to work properly if the sound card drivers are outdated or broken. This one is the most common reasons for any malfunctioning in the computer. To recover the device you need to install or update the device driver by following these simple steps:
- Open Device Manager, simply by clicking on the Start button (Window like icon) on your desktop screen.
- After this, click on the ‘Sound’ and double click on the ‘Realtek High Definition Audio’.
- After this, a new pop-up window with the program properties will appear on your screen.
- Now, go to the Driver tab and tap the Update Driver button to begin the process.
- Finally, restart your computer and open Skype to see if your Microphone works.
Solution 3: Adjust the Audio Settings on Skype
- To begin the process Run your Skype App simply by entering your Skype Email Address and Password on Skype Login Page.
- After this, tap your Skype Profile Picture to open the Settings and explore Audio & Video to click on it.
- In the next step, keep the Automatically adjust microphone settings slider on the On
- After this step, select the Default Communications Device in the Microphone section and complete the process.
- Check to see if your Mic starts working.
Solution 4: Restart the Windows Audio Service
Some minor issues in your Windows Audio Service can also be a leading reason for microphone bugs. Well to resolve the issue, follow the below-mentioning steps to restart the Window Audio Service:
- Press the Window icon + R at the same time on your keyboard. This step will use to invoke the run command.
- After this, type services.msc in the provided space and tap the OK button.
- In the next step, explore Services (Local) to find Windows Audio service and select it.
- Once you have selected it, right-click on it and select the Restart button for completion of the process.
- At last, Open Skype and check the Microphone working status on Skype.
And this is how you can fix Skype Microphone Not Working Issue and experience the services like never before.