How to Reset Forgot Microsoft Outlook Password
We an Outlook user tries to get into your own account; it requires the user to use the correct combination of Outlook user Id and password. The Microsoft users have a single user ID to get access to all accounts as Skype, Outlook, Microsoft Windows 10 account and messenger too.
You can easily imagine a situation when a user has lost the password for the Outlook account and then struggling to get into own account. No surprise, there would be no other way to get into your other associated Microsoft account. Users might be feeling that they have lost their account; this is too early to say that as you still have chances to get back control of your account.
Outlook users have an alternative to getting back access to their accounts; here we have this option to reset the lost password. Technically, you can’t recover the lost password as this could be a security threat. So, when a user lost a password, then it can be reset with a new one after verifying the account. This is really helpful because neither you want to lose your account, nor you don’t want to compromise with its security.
We have this step by step guide for Outlook users to reset their password with a new one. This trick works when you have lost the password or when you don’t have the correct password. This is easy to follow guide for an average user and the process is quick.
A step-by-step guide to reset Outlook passwords
- First, go to visit the Reset your password page of Outlook or follow this direct link //account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx
- Now, you will get a list to choose the reason why can’t you sign in
- I forgot my password
- I know my password, but can’t sign in
- I think someone else is using my Microsoft account
- Here, you need to select the specific reason by which you have to get your password reset, then click on the Next button
- After that, just enter your Outlook email address, which you used when you created your Microsoft account
- You also need to enter the characters you see on the screen to confirm that you are a real human rather a robot, and then hit the Next button
- Here, you might get a security code on your phone number or alternative email address if you configured it while signing as a security feature
- The moment you enter that code on the next screen, then you can create a new password to replace the old one
- This new password will let you get into your Outlook account until you change it
How to Reset Office 365 Password?
Microsoft Office 365 is a suite of subscription services provided as a part of the Microsoft Office product line. It is basically a line-up of cloud-based productivity and collaboration applications that combines various existing Microsoft apps like Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, OneNote, Sway, Access, and Publisher. With Office 365, you can easily set up and manage your Small Business effortlessly. As this suite of apps is secure with a password at the administrative level, you can be assured of the security of your business data and information all the time. However, if you ever need to reset the Office 365 password, you can follow the information provided below.
Guide to Reset Office 365 Password
Although, it is strongly recommended to configure the self-service password reset process as it doesn’t need you to manually reset passwords for your users each time they need to reset it. However, if you are not using this process, you can follow the instructions provided below.
To Reset Business Password for Someone Else
The steps provided below are for the users who are using Microsoft 365 for the business plan. Before following the instructions, make sure to sign in to your Microsoft 365 admin account. Once you have logged in, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- To begin with, go to the Users section in the Admin center and click on the Active users You will be directed to the Active users page.
- On the Active users page, you will need to select the user for which you need to reset the password and then click on the Reset password
- Next, you will need to follow the on-screen prompts on the Reset password page to auto-generate a new password for the selected user or to create one for them. Once you have created a password, select the Reset
- Then, you will need to enter an email address which the user can access and get their new password.
- Make sure to follow up with the user for whom you reset the password to ensure that they get it.
To Reset Admin Password
`You can follow the steps provided below if you ever forget your password but you are able to sign in to Microsoft 365 (because your web browser has your password saved).
- From the upper right corner, you will first need to select your name. Then, from the expanded menu, you will need to go to My Account > Personal Info
- Next, under the Contact details option in the Personal Info section, make sure that the Alternate email address provided by you is correct and accessible, as well as the phone number. If you don’t have access to them anymore, make sure to change and update them on this page.
- Then, you will need to sign out of your account. For this, click on your name in the top-right corner of the screen and then select the Sign Out
- After that, you will need to go to the Sign-in screen, enter your username and click on the Next Then, on the next screen where you will be prompted to enter the password, click on the Forgot password option.
- On the next screen, you will need to follow the on-screen prompts in the Wizard to reset the password. Make sure to have access to your contact information as it will be required to verify your identity as the rightful owner of the account. After the successful verification, you will be allowed to reset your password.
However, if you have forgotten your password and you are unable to sign in, consider the following suggestions:
- You will need to ask another global admin in your business to reset the password for you.
- Make sure that you have provided alternate contact information (email address and phone number).
- Alternatively, you can reach Microsoft support for assistance.
So, now as you know how to reset the password, you can easily do so whenever you need to.
That’ all for resetting a lost Outlook password, you just need to make sure that your account recovery settings are updated. In fact, your phone number could help you to get back control of your account. For any further query, Contact Outlook customer support service to fix your password problem.