How to Reset a Lost outlook Password
We an Outlook user tries to get into own account; it requires the user to use the correct combination of Outlook user Id and password. The Microsoft users have a single user ID to get access of all accounts as Skype, Outlook, Microsoft Windows 10 account and messenger too.
You can easily imagine a situation when a user has lost the password for Outlook account and then struggling to get into own account. No surprise, there would be no other way to get into your other associated Microsoft account. Users might be feeling that they have lost their account; this is too early to say that as you still have chances to get back control of your account.
Outlook users have an alternative to get back access of their account; here we have this option to reset the lost password. Technically, you can’t recover the lost password as this could be a security threat. So, when a user lost password, then it can be reset with a new one after verifying the account. This is really helpful because neither you want to lose your account, nor you don’t want to compromise with its security.
We have this step by step guide for Outlook users to reset their password with a new one. This trick works when you have lost the password or when you don’t have the correct password. This is easy to follow guide for an average user and the process is quick.
Step-by-step guide to reset Outlook passwords
- First, go to visit the Reset your password page of Outlook or follow this direct link https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx
- Now, you will be get a list to choose the reason that why can’t you sign in
- I forgot my password
- I know my password, but can’t sign in
- I think someone else is using my Microsoft account
- Here, you need to select the specific reason by which you have to get your password reset, then click on the Next button
- After that, just enter your Outlook email address, which you used when you created your Microsoft account
- You also need to enter the characters you see on the screen to confirm that you are a real human rather a robot, and then hit the Next button
- Here, you might get a security code on your phone number or alternative email address if you configured it while signing as a security feature
- The moment you enter that code on the next screen, then you can create a new password to replace the old one
- This new password will let you get into your Outlook account, until you change it
That’ all for resetting a lost Outlook password, you just need to make sure that your account recovery settings are updated. In fact, your phone number could help you to get back control of your account. For any further query, Contact Outlook customer support service to fix your password problem.