How to Fix Outlook Hotmail Connector Not Working?
Outlook Hotmail connector tool helps users to manage their Hotmail emails, calendar, and contacts. Microsoft is known for releasing the new versions of this connector from time to time. You may find your Hotmail connector to be not working as it should when there is a new version of the Outlook Hotmail connector available.
The recent version of the Outlook Hotmail connector has brought some important features that are quite useful for the users. If you are also facing a similar problem and looking to fix the Outlook Hotmail connector not working issue, you can go through the information provided below.
Features Introduced in Recent Version of Outlook Hotmail Connector
- Junk Filter Settings
Now your blocked sender, safe recipient, and safe sender lists are synchronized between Hotmail and Outlook.
- Integrated Send/Receive
The Send/receive feature now functions the same way as it does for your other Outlook accounts.
- Integrated Connection Status
You can find the Hotmail account status in the Outlook status bar.
- Rule Support for Secondary Accounts
You can apply rules to your Hotmail account in your Outlook email program, even when you have any other email account as a primary Outlook account.
- Sync Your Drafts
The Drafts folder of your Hotmail account can be synchronized with the Draft folder of your Outlook program.
Now as you know the latest features of the Outlook Hotmail connector, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to fix the “Outlook Hotmail connector not working” issue. The following steps will guide in setting up the Outlook Hotmail connector tool.
NOTE: Before following the instructions provided below, it is recommended to uninstall the older version of your Outlook connector file. To uninstall the version, go to the Programs and Features section of your Windows Control Panel. Browse and find the connector to uninstall from your system. Once you have uninstalled it, you can follow the instructions provided below.
- To begin with, you will first need to download and install the compatible version (X64 or X86) of the Outlook Hotmail Connector. The installation process is simple and you can complete it simply by following the on-screen prompts on your screen.
- Once you are done with the installation process, you will need to open Outlook on your computer. If this is your first time using a connector tool, you will be asked to add a Hotmail account in a window on your screen. In the prompted window, you will need to click on the Yes
- On the next screen, you will need to enter your Hotmail account login information such as Your Name, Email Address, and Password in the provided fields. If you wish to make Outlook remember your Hotmail account password, make sure to select the checkbox next to the Remember password option in the same window.
NOTE: You can add a desired name in the Your Name field as it will only be used by Outlook.
- After entering all the required information in the provided field, you will need to click on the OK
- Once the installation gets completed, you will be able to see your Hotmail account available in the email sidebar along with contacts and other Outlook tabs.
- If you wish to verify the installation, you will need to click on the File option located on the top-left corner of the Outlook window. This will open a drop-down menu on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to select the Info This will expand the menu on the right-hand side, from where you will need to select the Additional Information option.
- Under the Additional Information section, you will need to select the About Outlook Hotmail Connector
- Selecting the About Outlook Hotmail Connector option will open a small window on your screen where you will get the information about the Outlook Hotmail connector, including the Product ID.
- Once you have gone through the Outlook Hotmail connector window, you can press the OK button to exit from the window. You can then check whether you are able to send and receive emails as expected or not.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to fix the Outlook Hotmail connector not working. For live chat you can dial toll free outlook email customer support service number to fix your account.