What Are Hotmail Server Settings for iPhone
There are two ways you can add your Hotmail account (now Outlook) to your iPhone – Automatic configuration and manual configuration. While the automatic configuration process requires you to only provide your Hotmail username and password, however, for manual configuration, apart from username and password, you also need to have the Hotmail server settings. These Hotmail server settings are necessary to set up your Hotmail account for sending and receiving emails, and they are based on either IMAP or POP settings. To know the Hotmail server settings for iPhone and how to set up your Hotmail account on iPhone, go through the information provided below.
Hotmail Server Settings for iPhone
- Port: 993
- Encryption: SSL/TLS
- Port: 995
- Encryption: SSL/TLS
- Port: 587
- Encryption: STARTTLS
Once you have these Hotmail server settings, you can follow the instructions provided below to set up your Hotmail account on iPhone.
- On your iPhone, tap on the Settings app icon in the applications menu. You will be directed to the settings section of your iPhone.
- In the Settings section, you will need to scroll down and tap on the Accounts & Password
- Next, in the Accounts & Password section, you will need to tap on the Add Account In case you are using an iOS 10 device, you will need to go to Mail>Accounts>Add Account option.
- On the next screen, you will see a list of different email services. From the displayed list, you will need to select the Exchange Doing so will direct you to the next screen where you will be prompted to enter your Hotmail account email address.
- Enter your Hotmail account email address and description in the relevant field and tap on the Next option located on the top-right corner. You will be prompted to sign in to your account on the next screen. You will find the following two options on your screen:
- Configure Manually
- Sign In
If you select Configure Manually option
- If you wish to enter the Hotmail server settings for iPhone using the Hotmail server settings, you will need to tap on the Configure Manually Then, you will need to enter the required information in the relevant fields using the Hotmail server settings provided earlier. In case, there is any additional information you are prompted to provide, you can consider using the following information wherever required.
- Email Address: Enter the email address you wish to set up
- Password: Enter the password of your Hotmail account
- Display Name: Enter the name you wish your email recipient to see.
- Description: Add a description of your Hotmail account.
Incoming Mail Server Settings
- Host Name:office365.com
- Username: Enter your email address which you wish to set up
- Port: 143 or 993 (for IMAP) | 110 or 995 (for POP)
- Server or Domain: This is your email provider (Example hotmail.com, outlook.com)
- SSL: SSL is enabled by default in the Outlook
Outgoing Mail Server Settings (SMTP)
- SMTP Host Name:office365.com
- SMTP Username: Enter the email address you wish to configure
- SMTP Password: Enter the password associated with your Hotmail account
- SSL: SSL is enabled by default in Outlook
- Once you are done entering the information in the appropriate fields on your screen, simply follow the on-screen prompts to complete the configuration process.
If you tap on the Sign In option
- In case you select the Sign in option instead of Configure Manually option, you will need to enter the password of your Hotmail account in the provided field and tap on Sign in or Next
- The mail application may ask for certain permission. You will need to tap on the Accept option to grant permission.
- Then finally, you will need to enable the service you want to sync with your iPhone by tapping on the slider next to the particular service. After you are done with the configuration process, tap on the Save
- In case you have Microsoft 365 work or school account which uses Microsoft 365 for business or Exchange-based accounts, it is suggested to talk to your Microsoft 365 admin or technical support team.
- As an alternate option to set up your Hotmail account on iPhone using the Hotmail server settings, you can consider using the Hotmail mobile app (available by the name Microsoft Outlook). The application is available for iPhone, so you can easily download and install it from the App Store to access your Hotmail account.
So, now as you know the Hotmail server settings required for setting up your Hotmail account on iPhone, you can easily access and manage your Hotmail account. You can also dial Hotmail Customer Support helpline number for further assistance.