4 Steps To Fix Hotmail Deleted Emails Keep Coming Back
One of the most frustrating issues in Hotmail (now Outlook) that users generally face is getting deleted emails back again in their Inbox folder. If you are also receiving deleted emails back in your Hotmail account again and again, the problem could be occurring due to a faulty add-in installed on your email program or because of a corrupt OST file. To know how to prevent these deleted emails from coming back to your Hotmail account, go through the information provided below.
Methods to Prevent Deleted Emails from Coming Back to Hotmail
1) Disable Add-ins
A third-party add-in installed on the email program is usually the reason responsible for causing the issue in a user’s Hotmail account. If you have any such add-in installed in your Hotmail program, you will need to disable it to know if this is what is making the deleted emails coming back in your account. To do so:
- Open Run dialog box by pressing Windows Key + R keys on your keyboard.
- Once the Run dialog box gets opened, you will need type Outlook /safe in the provided field and press Enter Your Outlook will open in safe mode (without any add-in).
The next thing you will now need to do is identify the problematic add-in and disable it. For this:
- Go to File > Options > Add-ins section on your Outlook program.
- Next, you will need to find the Manage Com-in Add option and click on the Go
- When you find the add-ins listed on your screen, you will need to clear the checkbox next to the add-ins (one at a time) and restart Outlook. This way you will be able to find the faulty add-in and remove it from your Outlook email.
2) Delete OST File and Create a New One
Sometimes the problem can also occur because of corrupt OST files. In such a case, you can overcome the issue by deleting and creating a new OST file. Here are the steps to do it:
- Exit from Outlook and open Run
- In the Run window, you will need to type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Outlook\ and press the OK
- Next, select the .ost file and press the Delete Alternatively, you can right-click on it and select the Delete option.
- Once you have deleted the .ost file, you can create the new one by following the instructions in the next step.
3) Rebuilding OST File
After deleting the OST file, you can rebuild the new OST file by following these steps:
- Go to the File > Info section in your Outlook email.
- Next, click on the Account Settings option and then double-click on the Microsoft Exchange This will open the Settings section on your screen.
- In the Settings section, click on the More Settings option and go to Advance > Offline Folder File Setting
- Then, you will need to select a location where the .ost file will be saved and click on the OK
- If you see an error message on your screen, simply click the OK A new OST file will be created.
- After that, click OK and then Finish button to complete the process.
4) Clear the Recoverable Items Folder
Recoverable Items Folder in Outlook is provided to help you find the emails which get deleted accidentally or due to malicious activity. If there are deleted emails in the Recoverable Items Folder which you don’t need any more, you would want to clear it. However, it is to be noted that you will be able empty Recoverable Items folder in if there is not an:
- In-Place Hold
- Litigation Hold
- Single item recovery applicable to the folder
Once you meet all these conditions, you can easily empty the Recoverable Items folder.
So, these are the solutions that will help you prevent the deleted emails in your Hotmail account from appearing again.