How to Fix Hotmail Server Error Easily?
Getting Hotmail server error is quite a frustrating experience. Microsoft’s decision to upgrade from DeltaSync protocol the Exchange ActiveSync protocol resulting in the malfunctioning of the synching emails and showing server error. Most of the errors can be resolved via reconfiguring the account settings. If you are also one of those aspiring for the Hotmail server errors, it is important to remember the following information.
- Make sure that the internet browser you use has been updated to the latest version available so far.
- Your network connection is stable and fast.
- Your system is updated regularly with the latest updates.
- Disable antivirus, anti-malware and the firewall as all of them have the tendency to restrict the data packets which may result in the server error.
- Choose the DNS carefully or call your ISP to provide you with the list. Hotmail server error can occur if the DNS has stopped working. Attentively, you can also opt the Google public DNS which will most probably solve the server errors.
If you are done with the points mentioned above and still encounter the server errors, then you must reconfigure the Hotmail account settings.
Steps to Fix Hotmail Server Error:
Incoming Mail Server:
- Server: Server address: imap-mail.outlook.com
- Port: 993
- Encrypted Connection: SSL
Outgoing Mail Server:
- Server address: smtp-mail.outlook.com
- Port: 25 (or 587 if 25 is blocked)
- Authentication: Yes
- Encrypted Connection: TLS
On the other hand, you will have to enable pop access inside the Hotmail account. Follow the steps below.
- Log on to your Hotmail account using any of your favorite internet browsers.
- Press the settings and choose options.
- Select connect devices and apps with POP.
- Enable the POP
Server errors are mostly resolved by upgrading the email client as well. Make sure that you are using the latest version of it. Turn the automatic updates for the email client. Now, try to send an email it shall work perfectly fine and you mustn’t encounter any of the server errors.
If the problem still persists, don’t let the cat got your tongue, call certified technicians on toll-free helpline numbers to fix Hotmail server error and get the instant support as well as the prompt resolution.