How to Fix Facebook Scrolling Problem
“Scrolling through my newsfeed will hang Facebook. I can go down a page or so, and then the only way to continue is to exit out and re-launch the program. This happens every time I scroll”, writes Kathy, a Facebook user. Another user, Michael, wrote, “I can’t get my news feed to scroll down. Facebook is not letting me scroll down in the newsfeed.
When I get to the bottom of ~10 posts and select the “More stories” button nothing happens. Also, when I select an item in notifications it either doesn’t do anything at all, or just freezes. Please correct this Facebook. It does this on every browser I use on my desktop computer.” If you, too, are seeing a problem with Facebook appears in your web browser, maybe there’s a cache or temporary data issue. Read on to know how to fix the Facebook scrolling problem.
Learn Tips to Fix Facebook Scrolling Problem
Facebook is the most popular social media platform that allows users to stay in touch, share pictures and videos, and businessmen can advertise their products or services. Despite its sophisticated features, Facebook is not completely free from errors. One of the issues currently troubling many users is the Facebook scrolling problem.
Here’s a quick guide to fix the Facebook scrolling problem.
- Clear Cache and Temporary Data: The scrolling problem in your Facebook account might have arisen due to your web browser’s cache and temporary data. Deleting these caches and cookies will get rid of the issue. Go to the browser’s settings or preferences to clear the temporary data. Use instructions specific to your browser version and the operating system.
- Remove Third-Party Extensions: If the above method didn’t bring a solution, check for any third-party extensions or programs in your browser. You must remove or disable the browser add-ons before accessing Facebook. If you want, you can restart the browser. This should fix the glitch.
- Try Another Web Browser: The third method lures you to try a different web browser. If your regular browser is giving errors, why not use another one. If you can access your Facebook account without an issue, the problem was with your previous web browser.
A few more solutions to try and fix the Facebook scrolling problem.
- Slow Internet: Check for your internet connection and ensure it is good. The Facebook scrolling problem may relate to the slow internet connection. Do a speed test to know the speed.
- Adjust Preferences: If you continue to see old posts and updates even after updating the news feed, you need to adjust your preferences. For that, you need to go to your Facebook account and navigate to the “News Feed Preferences” option. You will have options like “Prioritize who to see first”, “Unfollow people and groups to hide their posts”, “Reconnect with people and groups you unfollowed”, and “Manage your snooze settings”. Click on “Prioritize who to see first” and choose whose posts you don’t want to miss. When you do this, you will see their posts at the top of your News Feed.
- Reinstall App: If the Facebook scrolling problem persists after clearing caches, you may consider reinstalling the app. Sometimes removing and reinstalling the app may fix the issue.
Contact Facebook Customer Support
If nothing works for you and your Facebook account continues to show errors, you should seek technical support from the industry-trained professionals. Facebook technical support is available round-the-clock.