Easy Steps to Fix Facebook Error ‘Sorry, Something Went Wrong’
Facebook is your go-to social media platform. It remains the “single most effective social media marketing platform” and boasts being the most popular social network. Well, there’s no denying that Facebook is growing. It not only helps you get in touch with your old friends and colleagues but also allows you to buy, sell, and trade online. Despite all these amazing qualities, Facebook is not completely free from issues. One of the most common issues that troubles users is ‘Sorry, Something went wrong. Please try closing and re-opening your browser window’.
“Please help me to access my Facebook account. Whenever I try to login my account, I am getting this error “Sorry, something went wrong. Please try closing and re-opening your browser window” I have deleted the cookies of browser. Kindly do the needful.” – Not being able to access your social media account, i.e. Facebook account can be a bummer. It frustrates you when you don’t know what’s causing the error. ‘Sorry, something went wrong’ states no further explanation why this error has occurred. Well, you don’t need to panic at all. Your Facebook profile is safe, your personal information is secured, and there’s nothing wrong with it. Below, we have explained the easy steps to fix the Facebook error.
- Try Reloading Webpage: When you encounter the “Sorry, something went wrong…” error message while trying to access your Facebook profile, you may consider reloading the webpage. (Since most of the common errors on Facebook are temporary, you should be patient handling these errors. In this case, you can simply have patience and let Facebook alone deal with it.)
- Disable Extensions and Add-ons: If you are using extensions or add-ons on your web browser, you can always disable them anytime. You must understand that such errors often occur when there’s a conflict between various extensions or add-ons and the Facebook client. You just have to learn the techniques to disable the add-ons from your web browser. Here’s what you need to do if you’re a Google Chrome user –
- Launch your browser and click the “Menu” icon. (This is the three horizontal dots.)
- Click on the “More Tools” option and select “Extensions”
- Here, you need to select “Remove” and delete the extension.
- That’s how you disable extensions on your browser.
If you are an Internet Explorer user, here’s what you need to do.
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the “Tools” icon.
- Next, you are required to go to ‘Manage’ add-ons.
- Select ‘All add-ons’ under the ‘Show’ option.
- Here, you must select the add-ons that you want to disable.
- Click “Disable”
- Restart the browser.
You should be able to access your Facebook account without any error.
- Clear Cache and History of Your Browser: You will be able to fix the error (in the question) by simply deleting the cache and history of the browser.
For Chrome users, the steps are as follows:
- Click on the “Menu” icon and then go to the “More Tools” option.
- Access “Clear Browsing Data” and clear cache.
- Restart the browser.
- Reset Your Account: You may try resetting your account to erase the problem when the above-mentioned techniques don’t work.
Need assistance? Reach out to the skilled and experienced professionals at Facebook Customer Service and avail of yourself round-the-clock customer support.