Steps To Configure Gmail With MS Outlook
Gmail is one of the crucial and fundamental email applications which is used all around the globe. You can simply configure your Gmail account effortlessly with the different versions of Microsoft Outlook with the help of configuring technique process. But for this, you need to set up your Gmail account which will allow users to download their mail as POP or to map folders and emails using IMAP process. Below are given few steps to configure MS Outlook for Gmail.
How to set up your Gmail with Microsoft Outlook
- You can simply log in to your Gmail Account
- After this, you can tap on the Gear icon and opt for Settings.
- Now tap on the forwarding and POP/IMAP links.
- After this blow POP Download, tap on choose option to enable POP for all mail that arrives from now on.
- Finally, choose Archive Gmail’s Copy option from the drop-down box and messages will automatically With POP. Tap on save changes.
The above mentioned steps help you in setting up your Gmail account. For this, you can also take assistance from a reliable tech service providing company which proffers you with supreme solutions by dialing their toll-free Outlook helpline number to fix the issue.
This will help MS Outlook to download messages through a POP3 protocol. If you want to map the folders of your then you can simply access your Gmail messages through IMAP. Always keep in mind to choose POP or IMAP but not both. You can also Auto Configure MS Outlook. Once you apply these steps, you can automatically make your Microsoft Outlook configure your Gmail account. You can also use these steps:
- First of all, choose add New Account option.
- Now type your email ID and password credentials in the dialog box that appears.
- After this tap on Next.
- Then, your Microsoft Outlook will take a couple of minutes to search for Gmail settings.
- Finally, your account configuration is complete.
For setting up of your Gmail account with Outlook you need to apply these below-mentioned steps and set your Gmail account to POP and not IMAP. As you know that Gmail by default uses the POP protocol, so you won’t need to change the settings in your Gmail account settings.
Follow the steps in Your Outlook to set up your Gmail account using POP:
- First of all, simply open your Outlook and then, choose the File tab.
- Now tap on the Add Account button and > use the auto Account Setup to robotically configure your email account.
- Type your email address and password twice and > tap on the Next button.
- Finally, Outlook will verify all settings and complete the process.
Now finally your Gmail is set up. In case you confront any sort of issue in using the above-mentioned steps then you can simply dial a toll-free Gmail support phone number and get instant help for the same. The certified technicians here help you in configuring your account in an efficient manner.