Comcast Email Not Working on Android [Fixed]
If you have recently bought any service from Comcast (like Cable Television, Broadband, Internet, etc.), you are most likely to be provided with a Comcast email account. You can use this Comcast email like your other email accounts for sending and receiving emails. Another best thing about Comcast email is that apart from the web portal, you can also access it using email applications like iOS Mail and Android. Generally, Comcast Email functions without any problem on these email applications, however, some users have reported issues with their Comcast email on Android. If your Comcast email is not working on Android, you can follow the different solutions suggested below.
Ways to Fix “Comcast Email Not Working on Android” Issues
- Check Your WiFi Internet Connection
The first thing you will need to ensure is that your internet connection is working properly for your Android device. You can check that by opening a random website on your Android web browser. If you can access the website, then move to the next workaround. On the other hand, if the website doesn’t open, fix the internet issues on your Android device. Also, make sure that you have not enabled Airplane mode on your Android device.
- Try Accessing Comcast Email on Desktop Browser
As sometimes the problem can also be at Comcast’s end, make sure that the status of Comcast is up and running. For this, you can consider signing into your Comcast email account on a computer web browser. If Comcast email is functioning properly on your PC browser, you can skip to the next solution. However, if the problem persists on your PC web browser as well, contact Comcast to check the status or wait for the issue to get fixed automatically.
- Keep Your Android Device Updated
If you have not updated your Android device for a long time, you might be having pending updates available for your Android device. Using such an outdated Android device not only affects the functionalities of installed applications but also affects its security. Therefore, make sure to always keep your Android device running with the latest updates.
- From the applications’ menu and tap on the Settings app icon.
- In the settings section of your Android device, select the About phone
- Next, select your OS from the next screen and press the Check for updates
- Then, if any update is available for your Android device, install them and restart it. You can then check if Comcast email is working properly on your Android device.
- Check Comcast Email Server Settings
You can also face issues with Comcast email on your Android device if you configured your email account with incorrect server settings. To check if you have configured your Comcast Email server settings, refer to the following email server settings:
- Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net
- Incoming Mail Server Port Number: 993 with SSL ON
- NOTE: If your Mail Client allows you to select an authentication method, select STARTTLS.
- If Required: 143 with SSL ON
- Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net
- Outgoing Mail Server Port Number: 587 (SMTP)
- If Required: 465 (SMTPS)
- Encryption: TLS (use SSL if TLS isn’t shown.)
- Authentication: Enter your Comcast.net email address
- Remove and Re-Configure Comcast Email on Android
If even after following the above-mentioned you are unable to fix issues with your Comcast email account on Android, you can remove your Comcast email account from the Android device and then configure it again using the email server settings and instructions suggested above.
Steps to Configure the Android Email App for Comcast Email
NOTE: The following configuration instructions for setting up a Comcast email account on an Android device may not be suitable for modern versions of the operating system.
- Select the Email app on your Android phone.
- Next, tap on the Other option to configure your email account.
- Then, enter your email address and password in the provided field on the Account setup screen and select the Sign in
- After that, enter your Comcast account password and press the Sign In
- You will then be prompted to verify your sign-in. Here, tap on the More options to know other ways of verification.
- Then, select the Receive a code by text message option and enter the code in the provided field.
- You will then be logged into your Comcast account. You can start using the email account once the emails load into your account.
In most cases, considering these workarounds should help you easily fix issues with your Comcast email account on your Android device. In case the problem persists, you can always reach Comcast support for further assistance.