Can’t Uninstall Skype for Business Windows 10? Here’s the Fix!
Earlier known as Microsoft Lync and Office Communicator, Skype for Business is “enterprise instant messaging software developed by Microsoft as part of the Microsoft Office suite” and supports audio, text, and video chat. It integrates with Microsoft Office components such as SharePoint and Exchange. With a wide range of significant features, Skype continues to be the foremost choice for businesses.
Despite its great features, Skype for Business has certain shortcomings, which is why many users want to get rid of it. If you wish to discontinue but can’t uninstall Skype for Business on Windows 10, this guide is for you.
How to Uninstall Skype for Business on Windows 10 – 3 Proven Methods
You can uninstall Skype for Business on Windows 10 in 3 proven methods. If you use Skype on Windows 10, you have got to stick to the following effective methods to get rid of the application completely.
- Uninstall Skype for Business on Windows 10 via Settings
- Uninstall Skype for Business on Windows 10 via Control Panel
- Uninstall Skype for Business on Windows 10 via Registry Editor
Let’s go through the methods one-by-one and learn how to disable it from Windows 10.
Uninstall Skype for Business on Windows 10 via Settings:
To ensure Skype for Business is disabled on Windows 10, you need to follow the steps mentioned underneath.
- Step 1: Launch Skype for Business on Windows 10 and go to the ‘Settings’ option.
- Step 2: You will need to navigate to ‘Tools’ and click ‘Options’ from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: Then you need to select ‘Personal’ and uncheck the options that say “Start the app in the foreground” and “Automatically start the app when I log on to Windows”
- Step 4: Now, click the ‘OK’ button (placed at the bottom of the page)
- Step 5: Go to ‘Settings’ and choose ‘File’ and ‘Exit’ in order.
That’s it! You have completed the steps. The application has been disabled now.
Let’s move on to the next method.
Uninstall Skype for Business on Windows 10 via Control Panel:
Before performing the steps, make sure that you have cleared the profile caches.
Once you have done that, move ahead with the following instructions. The detailed tutorial will guide you to uninstall Skype for Business on Windows 10.
- Step 1: If you are already signed in to your account, simply sign yourself out of this application.
- Step 2: Click ‘Delete my sign-in info’ (in the Sign-in Interface)
- Step 3:This will clear your profile cache and will also disable the auto sign-in facility.
- Step 4: Go to “Control Panel”, find “Programs and Features”, and click “Uninstall or change a program”
- Step 5: You must select ‘Skype for Business’ and ‘Uninstall’
|Note: In case you didn’t find Skype for Business, you must be using an integrated version (with Office 365 apps). You can remove all of Office to get rid of Skype for Business from your computer.|
Uninstall Skype for Business on Windows 10 via Registry Editor:
You have tried the above two methods. If they didn’t work somehow, let’s resort to the third method, i.e. uninstalling Skype for Business on Windows 10 via Registry Editor.
- Step 1: Press the “W+R” key at the same time to get a “Run” box.
- Step 2: Type in ‘regedit’ and click ‘OK’
- Step 3: You will then access “Registry Editor”
- Step 4: Navigate to the ‘Edit’ tab and click ‘Find’
- Step 5: Search for ‘Skype for Business’ and click ‘Find Next’
- Step 6: Right-click to delete all the search listings
There you go! You would have uninstalled Skype for Business on Windows 10 by now.
Note: When you choose the third method, take a backup of your Registry before making any modifications.
One can remove Skype for Business using a third-party uninstaller tool. There is a myriad of options available that you try your hands at.
- Revo Uninstaller is a popular third-party uninstaller tool.
- Geek Uninstaller is another trusted Skype uninstaller used by many users.
These two Skype uninstallers are highly sought-after. You can find many more options too. Read reviews and compare these tools before settling down with one.
The above steps will surely assist you in getting rid of your Skype for Business account. Think again before uninstalling because this amazing application brings a wide gamut of awesome features that come in handy for your business.
For more help, reach out to the Skype Customer Support helpline number to directly speak with skype expert team for round-the-clock service.