How To Block Someone on Gmail
In this modern world, an Email works as a powerful tool to exchange information with a wide array of audience. Not only for professional correspondence, but it can also be used to keep in touch with your distant ones, marketing tool for your business, sending digital files to your client, and a lot more.
The ease of sending emails for promotions means your inbox can quickly fill with the spam messages. Well in this direction, Google offers the block feature for all the Gmail users, and now they can immediately stop those junk e-mails within a few clicks. In this article, we provide you with a step-by-step guide to block someone on Gmail. Read on to find out.
Blocking a specific email address via Gmail means you will no longer get those unwanted messages from a particular account in your inbox. If you want to understand how to use this blocking feature read on to find out.
How to Block Someone on Gmail with 5 Easiest Steps
- Log into your Gmail Account- Open the Sign in page of Gmail in your phone or desktop and enter your email credentials such as email address/phone number and password. Once you fill all the details, click on next to log in into your Gmail Account.
- Search for the Email Address – Either you can search the particular email address by merely entering the sender’s email id on the search bar presented at the top of the page or go through your inbox and pull out the address which you want to block.
- Click on the Email Address to Open it- Once you can find the email id, open it and click the three dots presented to the far right side of the sender’s name.
- Select the Block Option- Now, you have to choose ‘Block’ option to proceed further and block that user.
- Press Block Key to Confirm- At the final stage block the person only by clicking the block button presented on the page. Now, you can see a message displayed at the top side, stating that, “Future emails from this address will be marked as spam”.
Once the Gmail users have followed these above mentioning steps, he/she will stop receiving emails from that particular person. However, if you wish to see these emails, all you have to do is explore the spam folder and read it.