How Do I Backup MSN Emails?
Whether you want to have a clean and uncluttered Inbox or want to create space for more emails without sacrificing your current emails, you can easily achieve both by backing up your email messages to your computer or an external storage device, for example, a thumb drive (also known as a jump drive or flash drive) or an external hard drive. For backing up, one of the best ways is to keep them in the cloud storage, like OneDrive. At OneDrive, your items will not only be secure but also you will be able to access them from any device (tablet, PC, phone) anytime. If you are also looking to backup your MSN emails, you can do so easily by following the information provided below.
Guide to Backup MSN Emails
The following information will help you learn how to backup up MSN emails and restore them when required.
To Back up your MSN Email
- In your MSN email account, you will first need to click on the Help & Settings menu located at the top of your screen. This will open up a menu on your screen.
- From the displayed menu that appears on your screen, you will need to select the Settings
- In the Settings section, you will need to select the Change your e-mail settings option and then select Import or export e-mail, copy e-mail, or import contacts
- Then, in the MSN copy email dialog box, you will need to select the Copy e-mail option and then click on the Next
- In the Save or open e-mail box on the next screen, you will need to select the radio button icon next to Save your MSN e-mail stored on this computer option, and then click on the Next
- As you will click on the Next button, you will see the path displayed on your screen where the emails will be stored. If you want, you can change the path (storage device, desktop, etc.) by using the Browse…
- After selecting the desired location, you will need to click on the Next button and then on the Done You are done!
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to backup MSN emails. In case you wish to back up your email on Outlook for Microsoft 365, Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, or Outlook 2013, you can follow these instructions:
use by importing.
- In your Outlook email program, go to File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Next, you will need to select the Export to a file option and then click on the Next
- Then, select the Outlook Data File (.pst) option, and click on the Next
- Now, you will need to select the mail folder that you wish to back up and select the Next
- Then, you will need to select a location, a suitable title for your backup file, and then click on the Finish
- If you wish to make sure that no one has access to your files, you will need to enter and confirm a password and press the OK
The emails that you store in a .pst file are no different from other emails. You can easily reply, forward, or search through the stored emails as you do with other emails.
Steps to Restore Your Email
Once you have taken a backup of your MSN emails, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to restore the emails either to your current computer or another one:
- In your MSN email account, you will first need to click on the Help & Settings menu located at the top of the screen and then click on the Settings
- Next, you will need to select the Change your e-mail settings option and click on the Import or export e-mail, copy e-mail, or import contacts
- In the Import or export e-mail, copy e-mail, or import contacts settings section, select the Copy e-mail option and click on the Next
- Then, you will need to select the Open your saved MSN email option and then click on the Next As you will click on the Next button, this will populate the default path where your email is saved. If you wish to change this location, you will simply need to select the Browse button next to the path name. Once you are done selecting the desired path, click on the Next button and then on the Done button.
Now as you know how to back up MSN email and restore them, you can easily go through the process whenever required. For further help dial toll free MSN email customer service phone number to fix your email problem.